Pre-made brake lines

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Pre-made brake lines
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@dtc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 91 15:20:00 pst
The other day I noticed that one of the solid brake lines on my car has
several pinch spots in it so I've decided to replace it.  The line is
3/16" diameter and a bit over 15" long and has several smooth bends.  No
problem I figured, I'll just have a local brake shop make one up.  But
after I removed it, I noticed that one end has a "bubble flare" of
unknown radius.  This is actually formed in the line itself and is not a
ferrule.  I've checked with a couple of local Brit car parts places but
none of them sell pre-made lines of the right length let alone with the
correct bends.  I don't think bubble flares are uncommon but I'm not
sure if the radius is the same as found on similar lines made here in
the US.  Can this type of flare be replace with a ferrule?  Better yet,
are there parts suppliers that do sell this type of line (see diagram)
pre-made in various lengths?  I'm pretty sure I figure out a way to
do the smooth bends myself.

Thanks,

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.HP.COM