add me to the mailing list

To: british-cars@encore.com
From: Timothy Lyle Smith <tsmith@plains.NoDak.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 91 08:41:18 -0600
>Date: Thu, 7 Feb 91 12:07:28 PST
>From: berry@idi.uucp (Berry Kercheval)
>
>Yes, this is the electric Lucas fuel pump.  The clicking in normal.
>It's a bitch to change (at least it was on my A-H Sprite).  SOme MGB's
>had the pump just above the catalytic converter; this caused a number
>of cars to explode.  Check this out and install a heat shield if you
>need to.  (I'm serious; my wife's best friend's MGB blew up in their
>driveway)

Actually I believe that the fire/blow-up problem came from the carburators
being above the catalytic converter.  All the MGBs with electric fuel pumps
had them in the back as far as I know.

>non-standard rear-end gear ratio. ( I *think* the MGB speedo drive is
>on the tail of the gearbox; if it's on a wheel disregard all this.)

The speedo drive is approx. 1/3 the length of the transmission back from
the front of the transmission on the right hand, when sitting in the car,
side of the transmission.

       Tim