Re: Gearbox Lubricant

To: lauri@cs.cornell.edu (Georges Lauri) (Georges Lauri)
Subject: Re: Gearbox Lubricant
From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdln.spd.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 91 10:37:02 PST
| worked well on a friend's car and was wondering if there'd be any
| problem replacing the current gearbox lube (which needs changing
| anyway) with the correct grade of Red-Line - and if anyone has any
| experiences, positive or negative, with this stuff.

I recently received data sheets from REDLINE comparing their gear oils
to regular gear oil. It sure looked good. So I phoned their tech people
in Martinez,Ca who were very helpful and answered my questions about
using their stuff in transmissions with overdrive. I'm convinced
enough to go ahead. The data sheet said just drain the old oil and
replace it. If you have an overdrive make sure you get the old oil
out of it too.

dickn