Re: Vintage Race in Phoenix, featuring MG !!!

To: "bcr!apple.com!twakeman"@bellcore.bellcore.com
Subject: Re: Vintage Race in Phoenix, featuring MG !!!
From: taichi!whs70@bellcore.bellcore.com (W. H. Sohl)
Date: 26 Nov 1990 15:08 EST
>Subject: Re:  Vintage Race in Phoenix, featuring MG !!!
>
>>Pointe South Mountain Resort. I belive that all cars older than 1965 are
>>eligible, if they pass tech. insp.
>>There will be several cars from Tucson in the race, ex-Kasner/G-44 TR-6, ...
>
>I thought group 44 was Bob Tulious {sp} and The first TR6s were '68, '69.
>They did slightly overlap with the TR250 didn't they?
>Am I missing something? {I usually am}
>
>TeriAnn {Confusion is my home state}

Bob Tullius started the "Group 44" effort driving first a TR-3
in SCCA club racing.  The first car to bear the 44 I believe
was a TR-4.  It appeared in several Triumph
advertising pieces.  The TR-250 was also campaigned
by the Group 44 effort, followed immediately by the TR-6.

The TR-6 appeared in 1969.  As far as I know, there
wasn't any overlap of the 250 and 6.  There probably
was overlap on dealer lots, but once the TR-6 began
production, the 250 had already ceased production.
Only 8400 TR-250s were made.  The 250 is a one
model year vehicle (1968) and all recounts
of events of the day that I have read indicate
production lasted less than a full year.

Bill Sohl
Bill Sohl                      ||  email
Bellcore, Morristown, NJ       ||   UUCP    bcr!taichi!whs70
(Bell Communications Research) ||    or
201-829-2879 Weekdays          || Internet  whs70@taichi.cc.bellcore.com