re: U.S and Canadian Market TR's

To: "bcr!ames.arc.nasa.gov!ssi!coventry!rmb"@bellcore.bellcore.com
Subject: re: U.S and Canadian Market TR's
From: mit-eddie!bellcore.bellcore.com!taichi!whs70@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (W. H. Sohl)
Date: 4 Oct 1990 8:40 EDT

>       Anyone know if the P.I. cars were delivered into the Canadian market?
>       I'm trying to decide if I should include the non-US cars in stock
>category or to move them to modified (where the engine HP is closer) for the
>VTR autox rules.
>       Comments & thoughts are encouraged. Rules should circulate in
>several days, I just need to fine tune a few issues like this one.
>
>       iii

As far as I know, PI cars (except for TR-7 and 8) were
never (strong word I admit) imported to the North American
market (USA or Canada).  The few TR-5s and TR-6PI cars I
have come across have all come in to the USA via
alternative routes after initial purchase somewhere else.

I think you are correct to put those PI cars in a
separate (I don't know if modified is the correct
way to go, but I'd like to see what others have to say)
class.  Having driven at least one TR-6PI, I can
vouch for the extra power available over the USA
spec carb cars.

Bill