VTR autocross class scheme proposal.

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: VTR autocross class scheme proposal.
From: mit-eddie!ames.arc.nasa.gov!ssi!coventry!rmb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Keptin Komrade Dr. Bobwrench III)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 90 15:16:56 CDT

        Ok folks, here's my first cut at classes for the VTR autocross
        rules. It's probably a little screwed up, but then ya'll are
        here to point out the error of my ways....

        The cars I could think of that needed to be classed were (in
        no particular order)

                TR 2,3,4,250,5,6,7,8
                Spit MkI-MkN, 1500
                Gt-6, Gt-6+
                Stag
                Heralds, Vitesse, Mayflower
                Other Tr bodied or engined cars, visiting english cars, rentals.

        And here is the order I came up with. Ignoring what makes a car
        Modified or Prepared for the moment, they fall into 19 categories:

        Stock:

        S2      TR 2's and 3's
        S4      TR-4's of all varieties
        S6      TR250 and all TR-6's
        S7      TR-7's
        S8      TR-8's
        SS      Spitfires of all ages.
        SH      Stags, Heralds, Vitesse, Mayflower
        SGT     GT-6's

        Modified:

        M2      TR-2,3,4
        M4      TR-4IRS,250,5,6
        M7      TR-7's
        M8      TR-8
        MS      Spits.
        MH      Stag, Heralds, Vitesse, Mayflower (a modified Mayflower!?!?)

        Prepared:

        PS      Under 1.5L prepared cars Spits mostly. Includes Spit 1500.
        PM      1.5 to 2.2L Prepared Cars. GT-6's, TR2,3,4,7, some sedans
        PL      Over 2.2L Prepared. TR-5,6,8.
        PX      Exotic Prepared cars. TR bodied or engined. ie rotary powered
                        Mayflower.

        Other:  (optional)

        O       Stock or Modified english cars and rentals.

        I really agonized over the 4's. It's tough to put the non-IRS in
        with the IRS, but it's also tough to put the 2.2 in with the 2.5 6 cyl.
        The Spits were another tough one. There's no way an early spit can
        stand up against a properly modified 1500 (hell a TR-6 has trouble with
        a proper 1500) but splitting them give you too many trophies to hand
        out. Another tough call was lumping all the 6's together since the
        69-71's have a 21Hp advantage over the later cars. Nearly as much
        as over the 4's.

        Anyway, please lemme know what you think. I'll be posting the
        complete set of proposed rules as soon as I get them typed in
        and get some feedback on what ya'll think of this.

        thanx,
                iii