Re: How do you get a differential from N.Y. to Wisc?

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: How do you get a differential from N.Y. to Wisc?
From: Croaker the Physician <mit-eddie!us.oracle.com!markl@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 90 11:30:06 PDT
   Sender: british-cars-request@alliant.com
   Date: Tue, 2 Oct 90 10:09:00 CDT
   From: Keptin Komrade Dr. Bobwrench III

   [...] I rounded up the diff, drained the oil out,
   wrapped it in a plastic bag, created a handle out of electrical
   wire, and brought it back on the airplane as checked
   baggage.....Northwest was not amused - tough.    Made for a great
   scene at the security point where you try to get your luggage out
   of the airport though!!

I did much the same thing a few years back, only it was an MGA wiring
harness brought on as carry-on luggage from Heathrow to Boston.  The
Heathrow security people were quite interested in all those funny
colored wires sticking out of my carry on bag...

markl

Mark L. Lambert
Architecture Group, Network Products Division
Oracle Corporation

           Internet: markl@oracle.com
           UUCP:     ...{hplabs,apple,uunet}!oracle!markl
           USMail:   Oracle Corporation, 400 Oracle Pkwy 10th floor,
                        Redwood Shores, CA 94065

"The parts falling off this car are of the finest British quality..."