THANKS! and other banter (was Testing 1,2,3)

To: alliant!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: THANKS! and other banter (was Testing 1,2,3)
From: uunet!hsi.com!archer@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Garry Archer)
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 90 09:21:01 EDT
Hello all!

I tried to send personal acknowledgements to some of you, but I got a lot
of bounced e-mail.  Hence this "generic" THANKS! to those who sent
acknowledgements to my original "Testing 1,2,3" message.

This is a bit like a deaf person talking on the telephone.  I can send
messages out, but I don't receive any (except for personal responses).
I understand Jim is making a few changes, so I'm eagerly awaiting to
see if I start receiving again.

Actual Britcars banter:

Its that time of year again... there's been a few British Cars shows here
in Connecticut in the last few weeks.  Sad to say I missed all of them.
Why are they always on Sundays?  I could make Saturday shows!  This last
weekend I missed two... one at Bethlehem, CT put on by the MG Car Club
and another at Indian Wells State Park, Shelton, CT put on by the Jaguar
Car Club (I went to this one last year).  I also missed "British On The
Green" at Granby, CT, at the end of August (my sister and family were
just arriving from England for two weeks that weekend, and I just couldn't
get up there).

I've seen an extraordinary number of TR6's lately.  Where are they all coming
from?  Yesterday I saw a beautiful BRG TR4-A.  It was gorgeous.  Sigh...
everyone's taking advantage of this beautiful New England fall weather!

I read that Mazda are coming out with a BRG Miata next year.  So far I've
been able to resist this cute li'l motor car (its easy when you're broke!).
Now if I see one of these on the road, I'll start to quiver and quake.
What is it about the colour "British Racing Green".  It makes just about
any car seem beautiful!

I miss the britcars e-mail, even though it floods my mail spooler sometimes!

Cheers all!

Garry Archer Esq.       {yale, uunet}!hsi!archer  -OR-  archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert