Re: Car Quandry

To: mit-eddie!usc.edu!jean%spock.usc.edu@eddie.mit.edu (jean hertzberg)
Subject: Re: Car Quandry
From: mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!sfisher@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 90 16:41:19 PDT
>So here are my options: Sell Bessie to a true psychopath,

Yo!  I'll give you $100, $150 if you drive her up to the
Bay Area!  Bessie sounds (modulo the trans, which is
fixable) like a really chunky tow car for my MGB racer.
And I'm staying in California, where we don't got no
steenking inclement weather, unless you count the heat.

>and winterize the B and Rancheroo.

Not a bad choice, though you might want to consider buying
a new top or a removable hardtop for the B.  MG Mitten in
Pasadena (are they still out there?) should have them at a
halfway reasonable price, or check Victoria British, where
such tops run from $448 (ready for paint) to $517 (for
vinyl covers).  Soft tops aren't hard to install, though,
and they cost about half as much money though they don't
provide as much insulation.  The '68 B doesn't have the
best heater (that's one area that got better as time went
on) so a hardtop might, for winter at least, make sense.  Get
a white one like the factory racers...

--
Scott Fisher
sfisher@wsl.dec.com