%$#@ Lucas electrics...

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: %$#@ Lucas electrics...
From: "Stephen H. An" <mit-eddie!BBN.COM!san@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 90 10:57:59 EDT

After months of being on the fringe, my headlamps (69 S2 Etype) decided to stay
on permanently; after playing with the fuses, dipper switch and connector, I
think the problem is the dash switch, which I did not have time to take apart;
is it fixable? how much does a new one cost? and is it true that there is no
relay for the head lamps?

I recently, replaced the stock lamps with the Hella H4, but the wattage is the
same (40/55?), could I have fried something by doing this?

Also, the car consumes a small amount of coolant water (about a pint every
150-200 miles), no leaks or puddle.  What causes this? Is this acceptable? hell
water is cheaper than oil, which it also seem to gulp in large quatity.

Thanks,

- Steve.