SOL gatherings for Palo Alto

To: britcars@ucscc.UCSC.EDU
Subject: SOL gatherings for Palo Alto
From: mit-eddie!ucscc.UCSC.EDU!red4est!lrc@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Larry Colen - Nerd in a black leather jacket)
Date: Thu Aug 16 23:03:33 1990
mark lambert asked about SOL gatherings for Palo Alto.
  The day before Palo Alto, I am planning a bit of a
sports car run in conjunction with celebrating B-day #30.
The next morning I am planning a drive, from Felton, Up
highway 9 to Skyline.  Up Skyline to Pagemill and down
to Palo Alto.  Very likely stopping at Alices restarant
(no not the one from the song) to check out the bikes.
Assuming that I don't roll it into a little ball between
now and then, Foocar may be the easiest SOL car to
recognize.  It is a White Cortina Mk 2, with woodgrain
side panels, full rollcage, Large "11"s on the bonnet,
boot and doors (unless I don't get my usuall number for
the race Labor day Weekend) and a Pink interior.
Oh yes, it has the standard Improved Touring bodywork
by bag o' walnuts bodyshop. (Can you say 50-50)

  Larry (from 50 feet away at 50mph it looks OK)  Colen