Re: frozen speedo? (really LBC acronym)

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: frozen speedo? (really LBC acronym)
From: streeter@im.lcs.mit.edu <mit-eddie!im.lcs.mit.edu!streeter@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 90 15:47:26 -0400
TeriAnn writes:

 2. When did British Lealand take over MG???  I keep reading people refering
 to LBCs.  I know that my '60 Land Rover and my TR3 are not LBC cars & I was
 wondering about the '68 MGBGT.  I thought it was BMC in '68.

Ah.  This is an interpretation of LBC that I haven't seen yet.  LBC has come to
be an acronym for Little British Car (or, often more specifically, Convertible).
Only a person with some understanding of british-car history would think it
stood for Leyland British Corporation!

BTW, by the above definition, the TR3 is definitely an LBC, the MGB-GT may be
depending on whether one thinks the C in LBC is for car or convertible, and the
'60 Land Rover definitely is a BB4W  (big british 4 wheel-drive). :-)

(Yes, acronyms, and cars for sale are all I ever talk about -- I'm still waiting
for the right time and the right car!)

Kenneth B. Streeter         | ARPA: streeter@im.lcs.mit.edu
MIT LCS, Room NE43-350      | UUCP: ...!uunet!im.lcs.mit.edu!streeter
545 Technology Square       | (617) 253-2614    (work)
Cambridge, MA 02139         | (617) 225-2249    (home)