Re: Trials Of Love

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Trials Of Love
From: mit-eddie!cgl.ucsf.EDU!gregoret@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 90 14:14:52 PDT
Garry Archer writes about a Limited Edition 1980 MGB:

> No asking price, and I'm a scaredy-cat to call and ask since, yet again
> I have Salesmanphobia.  My best guess is that they would ask at least
> $6000 and probably more.  I always thought that to be too much for
> an MGB, even a 1980 Limited Edition with low miles.  Opinions anyone?
> What is the value of this car?

I have seen them advertised in the paper here (SF Bay Area) for $4000
and $5000, on average. At least that's what they were 6 months ago.  A
guy at last year's Palo Alto British Car Meet said he got his for $3000
and he thought it was a bargain.  $3000 is probably a bargain, while
$6000 is probably too much, especially since this car sounds like it
has had some of the distinguishing features of a Limited Edition
removed.

Lydia gregoret@cgl.ucsf.edu