F-type

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: F-type
From: mit-eddie!mozart.AMD.COM!zahid@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Zahid Ahsanullah)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 90 15:53:53 CDT
I was reading in Car & Driver that Ford has dropped the F-type
Jaguar from production, it instead it wants to pursue
high volume production cars. This is quite distressing to me
since some good engineers might leave Jaguar seeing that it is on its
way to becoming an extension of the familiar blue badge. Some enthusiasts
I met at a pub recently in London conveyed that a lot of people feel
disenchanted with the Jaguar takeover. Apparantly the original management
was was screwing up big time. Really feel sorry for old Jaguar.
On a brighter note, it seems that Vauxhall is doing pretty good.
I saw some excellant looking models introduced this year. Wonder
why these cars don't make it up here?

                Zahid