Flash! Solomonic Wisdom Saves Day!

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Flash! Solomonic Wisdom Saves Day!
From: mit-eddie!iris.brown.edu!ejd@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 90 21:28:08 EDT
Yes brothers, sisters, and hermaphrodites, there _is_ a solution to
the great "What does SOL mean this year and do I want it on a T shirt?"
quandry:  SOLid design Mk II consists of...

A large and ominous 'SOL' in BRG (frames in black), atop a crossed rod and
spanner, all atop a British flag.
No e-mail addresses to incurr managemental wrath, no use of either
sexist or obscure language, and it looks good, too.  As Jim Muller said,
those who know, know, and those who don't, well, they can ask.

For those of you with access to Macs and some FTP software, the Adobe
Illustrator PostScript file is (Ta Da!) available now.  Anonymous ftp
may be done to 'm2ejd.iris.brown.edu', and the file may be found in
'/pub'.

TWO CAVEATS!!! (Ok, three, but let's not quibble).

   1) This may not work outside of the .brown domain, so please report
      success or failure

   2) m2ejd is my work machine, and our network is badly burdened during
     the day.  Please Do Not Attempt To Get These Files Till After 6 PM.
     I would have e-mailed them to interested parties, but the only thing
     worse off than our network is our mailer.  I've got to be serious about
     this - if anyone ftps after 8PM or before 6PM, I'll have to take the
     file out.  Thanks.

   3) While I once labored for a Large Software Company making Mac drawing
     software, I'm no artist.  And remember - it's just a prototype.

If you have changes, you can ftp them back (subject to the same regs).

Once the design gets around (it seems to have met with good response), I'll
price up T-shirts, patches, stickers, and, yes, flags, which will then
be posted with prices & required quantities.  Right now its looking like
T-shirts and stickers both have enough interest to be viable.

Hope y'all got in some motoring this weekend - someone should have!

ed