'72 MGB for sale (condition 4/5)

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: '72 MGB for sale (condition 4/5)
From: uunet!bally.Bally.COM!pete@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Pete "Bally's Lame Duck" Gregory)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 90 14:22:57 PDT
(I am re-posting this ad - I got a bite two weeks ago, but apparently he
is no longer interested...)

                 **** 1972 MGB for sale (sniff!) ****

Condition: 4/5 (according to recent survey)

History:  I bought from a co-worker last year, who was starting restoration.
        He divorced, and had to move out (no place for the MG), and sold it
        to me.  I had planned on fixing it up, but cannot forsee any
        opportunities (time, $) in the near future to begin working on it.

        My wife and I (truly a joint decision!) have decided to sell.

Condition of...
        wire wheels: intact, but need truing/paint.  No tires.
        body: a few dings; bondo on right door, small crunch @ L taillight;
                paint is good (but oxidized); little or no rust.
        engine: starts up and sounds good.
        driveline: clutch, tranny, rear end sound okay (on blocks - can't
                drive the car without tires  :-(
        interior: seats are shot, a few little cracks in dash; heater
                knobs cracked, new carpet.  Door panels warped but intact.
        suspension: it's all there (incl. lever shocks), but as I can't
                drive it, I can't tell you how it 'feels'.
        brakes: need rear shoes, springs, clips, etc.  Front pads, calipers
                look okay.  Rotors grooved.
        top: frame good shape, material aged/worn; rear window cracked.
        owner: saddened to let it go.  Wish I had the time/money to fix
                it up   :-(

Delivery...
        car can be trailered or towed (after buying two el-cheapo
        tires  :-).

Asking...
        $500 or best offer F.O.B. Reno, Nevada.  No reasonable offer
        refused.  I need my garage space back so I can begin working
        on my '56 GMC pickup (every day transportation).

Epilogue...
        I have described the car honestly and completely.  I have no
        desire to have someone travel to Reno only to get ripped off
        because the car was worse/different than I described.  Please
        write/E-mail/call for further details if you're interested.

Pete Gregory           : uucp:   uunet!bally!pete              |
Bally Systems          : domain: pete@bally.bally.com       ---|---
5270 Neil Rd, Suite 301: phone:  702-689-2479                  |
Reno, NV 89502         : FAX:    702-689-2417                  |

"God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever
believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."    John 3:16