Re: TR limited slip diffs

To: mjb@cs (Mark Bradakis)
Subject: Re: TR limited slip diffs
From: phile@pwcs.StPaul.GOV (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 90 10:12:24 CDT
I believe, from what littl I have been able to pick up, that the
TorSen principle of limited-slip differentials is vastly superior to
the positraction or locker models.  While I am not in the market for
such a device for my Spridget, I think support of this project is in
the best interests of the sport.  Stop me if I err, but I believe the
price projected is quite competitive to LSDs now avialable for
britcars.  Obviously, you could do better on price for much of the
Detroit Iron.  I think this could be such an excellent value that we
should encourage them to make the device for as many cars as
practical.  I would suggest:  Spitfire/GT-6, TR-4/5(250)/6, MGA/B/C,
Sprite/Midget and Big Healey
--
phile@pwcs.stpaul        In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324