Re: Wiper problem

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Wiper problem
From: mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!kent@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 90 10:27:55 PDT
        What is the problem with the wipers?

(On my TR-4A.) Well, they're just not that effective. Part of the
problem is that the curvature of the windshield at the edges is pretty
severe, so the driver's side wiper doesn't make good contact until it
reaches about a 45 degree angle. And they just don't really do a great
job. Might be weak springs in the wiper arms, might be a worn
windshield ... I don't know, and it hasn't rained enough that I've really cared.