Re: example of Mass. emissions test

To: muller@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: example of Mass. emissions test
From: mit-eddie!bevsun.bev.lbl.gov!guy@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Aran Guy)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 90 07:19:47 PDT
He has an electric fan that comes on when the water temperature at the top
of the radiator gets hot enough, and this can knock maybe 100 to 150 rpms off
his normal idle of about 950rpm.
 Is this normal? My 79 Spit doesn't change idle speed when the auxiliary
cooling fan comes on. (Which it does most of the time in our 100deg.F
California summer climate.)
 Does the idle also drop when the headlights come on? Or the heater blower?
 This isn't to say that something is wrong with the charging system;
maybe the earlier fans drew a lot more current.
 Aran Guy  guy@bevsun.bev.lbl.gov