Re: TR-4A roll bar in ES

To: uiucuxc!wsl.dec.com!kent
Subject: Re: TR-4A roll bar in ES
From: cs.utexas.edu!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 31 May 90 8:18:39 CDT

> Triumph, in their infinite wisdom, didn't supply the -4A with a
> anti-roll bar when it came from the factory. The roll bar from a TR-6
> fits, but I've resisted putting one on because I want to run in ES (for
> now, at least), and I was under the impression that adding a bar would
> move me into SP.
>
> However, it looks like (rule 11.7A) I can add one and stay in stock:
>
>  Front anti-roll (sway) bars:
>  A. Substitution, addition or removal of any front anti-roll bars is
>  permitted.
>
> Am I reading this right? Is it a rule change from the past, or am I
> just addled? Should I call Addco now?
>
> Thanks,
> chris

Yes, adding a bar is legal. In my experience, the ADDCO bars are
vastly inferior to bars avilable elsewhere.  Winner's Circle supplies
GREAT bars for Spridgets, but I don't think they do TR.  Can anyone on
the list help Chris find the TR competition suppliers?  The type of
bar I have has nice, solid nylon bushings for the middle chassis
mounts and heim ball joints on the ends.  ADDCO uses a long bolt in
rubber bushings for an end link.
--
phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov    In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324