New Mailing List for 4wd Rover Owners (& other interested peoples)

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
From: mit-eddie!lectroid.sw.stratus.com!caloccia@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Fri, 18 May 90 23:29:39 -0400
Hi,
        Quite a while ago I posted a request if there was such a list, the
two lists I came up with were 'offroad' and 'british-cars'.

        The former list 'offroad', has a bunch of four-wheel drive people
one it, who own various vehicles, and it is a rather low-volume,
high-signal-to-noise type list. People seem generally helpful, no matter what
type of vehicle they have, and I'm happy to be a subscriber.

        The latter list, 'brittish-cars' is a rather active list, however,
by volume, and by a recent survey, there are very few present land/range
rover types on it.

        When I made a query a few months ago, I even mentioned the possibility
of starting an appropriate list, however, I though the few responses didn't
warrent it.  After trying to sift through british-cars for the past few months,
I've decided that there is nothing wrong with the existance of a
special-interest list such as 'land-rover-owner@stratus.com', even if it is
low volume, and has few people on it...

        Therefore, you are all invited to join land-rover-owner@stratus.com,
by either sending a request to 'land-rover-owner-request@stratus.com' or
by responding to me, 'caloccia@stratus.com'.  By the way, since I'm stealing
the title of the British magazine of the same name, I've also set up the
abbreviation 'lro' and 'lro-request' (both @stratus.com).

        To folks on the offroad list, I'm still reading it, to folks on
the british-cars list, G'day, and good luck...

        --bill

PS:     Richard, could you please include this on your lists of car lists.

        Jim, please unsubscribe me (caloccia and/or british-cars-local) at
        *.stratus.com, thanks.