Oh, *THAT* Scott...

To: alliant!alliant.alliant.com!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: Oh, *THAT* Scott...
From: sgi!abingdon.wpd.sgi.com!sfisher@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Scott Fisher)
Date: Wed, 16 May 90 09:51:13 PDT
        > The relation to British cars is up to the
        > reader to determine.  I suspect,
        > though, that the "technical lucubrations"
        > that Aldous refers to were no
        > doubt the 1925 equivalents of
        > Slick-50 and Redline... :-)
        >
        >  -- Scott

        No, Scott those are technical lubrications.  A lucubration in this
        context is probably a  "studied or pretentious expression in speech or
        writing" (Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary).  Or are you subbing
        for Norm Crosby?   :-)

For a few moments, I thought Phil had mixed up some
attributions.  After all, I think I exemplify "technical
lucubrations" about as well as anyone since Polonius...

--Scott "Very like a Swallow Doretti" Fisher