Re: brake fluid, leaded gas

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: brake fluid, leaded gas
From: mit-eddie!cbmvax.commodore.com!augi@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Joe Augenbraun)
Date: Fri, 4 May 90 10:52:11 EDT
> But Joe, don't you know that there is no such thing as an XKE?  It should be
> called an E-Type!  All the Jag-you-are owners here (which seem to be coming
> out of thewoodwork) insisted so just a few months ago!  You should know better
> than that.  (Weren't you the guy ran a Jags-only repair shop?)

No, I didn't run the shop, I just worked there.  And it wasn't Jags-only, we
would have a wayward MG or two in occasionally, and I even had to work on a
Triumph once.

As far as using the term XKE, I think it must have come from the factory some-
how.  Look at it this way, no-one calls C and D Types XKC's and XKD's.  And
no one calls XK120's, 140's and 150's 120-Types, 140-Types and 150-Types.  The
S-type saloon was never called the XKS.  So why would the public embrace the
"incorrect" term XKE for the E-Type?  It must have come from somewhere, and
I suspect the source was at least pseudo-official for it to have had the
penetration that it does.

                                                        Joe