Land Rovers

To: aberffraw!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: Land Rovers
From: mit-eddie!uunet.uu.net!lectroid!aberffraw!caloccia@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 89 18:34:22 -0500
Hi,
        After making some inquiries, a couple voices from rec.autos
directed me to this list, which our host Jim, informs me I have now
joined.

        I recently acquired a '69 Series IIa Land Rover (my first british
car and first 4wd vehicle).  At present, it has no 'special' features
(overdrive, winch, bull-bar).  With some 54,000 miles, is is in rather good
shape, though in need of routine maintence, and just a bit of welding.

        The question of the day is:

        Is anyone familliar wwith replacing the Lucas Generator with
        an Altenator ?   One fellow infomred me that some GM altenators
        with minor alterations, will fiit in place of the 'dynamo'...
        The largest concern which I have for the vehicle now is a

        (This particular Rover is already 'negative earth'.)

        Thanks.
        --bill
        caloccia%lectroid.uucp@uunet.uu.net
        ...!uunet!lectroid!caloccia