Guage Repair

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Guage Repair
From: mit-eddie!tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU!garnett@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Roger Garnett)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 89 08:51:58 EST
You know how you can see adds and stuff for a place for years, and say to
yourself, "I'll remember them, they look good", and then when you try to
find the add for some reason, one can't be found? (I've got to get to work
on that all encompassing parts/services suppliers list, especially now
that there's Rich Welty's archive server to leave it in. (thanks, Rich!)
Well, last night, I went to the local "Old Cars Enthusiasts" meeting, (which
consists of mostly old enthusists of old cars, but a markedly growing group
of British car folks. :-) ), and a woman who has recently aquired a TD from
one of the other "members" (no dues, just like here :-)), mentioned that she
is lookin for a speedo & other dash stuff for it, as she is getting it
resprayed to it's orginal BRG, new tan upholstry, etc. (nice, solid car.)
Replacement speedos are real expensive, if they have a *working* clock. (It's
so bad that they sell a "replacement" with a fake clock.) So, *anyway* I
when I got home I looked up that place that avertizes repair of Smiths and
Jager guages...
I found one place in Ca., but after plowing through old Hemmings, Abingdon
Classics, Sport & GT, British Car, ...  Right.  Sure.  Help! - Does anyone
the name of the guage place in the NY area?
The Ithaca "car club" includes some vintage racers- Gary Hatch with his
Mclaren, Don Funk in his light blue MGA Twin Cam, ______ in a green Spitfire-
look for them at a track near you.
        Along those lines- Anyone who wants to send me lists of sources for
any British cars, I will collect, edit, add to, etc., and attempt to create
a large file for posting in the archive. Please include:
Co. Name, address (& country), Phone #, description of product line/services
offered, and optionally, quality/price comments, names of contact.
Catagories can include parts, literature, supplies, rebuild/restoration,
accessories, racing & performance, dealers, etc.
(there's a nice list in Dec. British Car- anyone want to scan/OCR it for me?)
        Also, for the archive- Is Dan Philen (S.Eastern MGT register) still with
us? I have a copy of his large MG clubs list which needs a little updating, (the
MG Car Club of England has moved into their new offices, they are now in...
Abingdon!) I'll try to update it if Dan's not here, and send it off to Richard.
   ________
  /     _  \        Roger Garnett           (garnett@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU)
 /   /||  \ \       Agricultural Economics
| |\/ ||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            | South Lansing Centre For
| |   ||   | |      Cornell University       | Wayward Sports Cars
 \    ||__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853       | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | SAFETY FAST!