1090 crank,centre-lock mags

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: 1090 crank,centre-lock mags
From: mit-eddie!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 89 8:53:53 CDT
For Roger Garnett:  Of course I have a 1098 crank.  Maybe two of them,
I forget.  I have a complete 1098 short block and a 1098 bare block
with all the engine pieces in boxes.  Send me the correct dimensions
for the crank (and even measuremants for the crank you DON'T want) and
I will check it out for you.  If your Spridget body is not
structurarally rusted, you bet I'm jealous.  My home # is (612)
224-3105.  My U. S. Post address is 672 Orleans Street / Saint Paul,
MN  55107.

For Peter Gregory:  You are not dreaming about the rubber bands for
wire wheels.  I had them on my Spridget wires.  I have traded into
disc wheels now, but still have two rough Midget wires and two
passable MGB wires.  Make me an offer.  I think that you may also want
to consider the centre lock aluminum wheels from British Restoration
Parts.  (800) 892-3250  They look like MiniLite / Panasport types that
use the wire wheel hub and knock-off nut.  I'm told that Revolution
makes knock-off wheels, too.  Wire-wheel work is not available in my
area, I've heard of a place in Kansas City.

Does anyone have apair of reasonably fresh 1275cc rear springs?  I
need something that will not break in a stock rear supenssion under
autocross conditions.
--
Login name: phile        In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324