Re: [Bricklin] Gas tank problem

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Gas tank problem
From: Efrain Nadal <efrain_nadal@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 15:52:34 -0700 (PDT)
My have a 1978 AMC Spirit gas tank and work perfect
EfrainVIN 2148

--- El mar, 12/9/08, Jacques Le Clainche <breton48@live.com> escribis:

De: Jacques Le Clainche <breton48@live.com>
Asunto: Re: [Bricklin] Gas tank problem
A: bricklin@autox.team.net
Fecha: martes, 9 de diciembre de 2008, 12:58 pm

Hi!  Recently there was a thread on problems with gas tanks and finding a
replacement... Unfortunately I deleted all the messages. Not very smart,
considering I have increasing problems with my Bricklin gas tank. The last
three times I took my Bricklin out, I ended up on the side of the road,
waiting for the tow truck! Rust colored fuel with "flaky bits" comes up the
fuel line and clogs the pre-carb filter installed. The fuel pump also failed
-
the new one lasted less than 100 miles. Bad luck/faulty new pump, or is the
pump getting clogged up with rust too? Can you take the fuel pump apart to
clean it?

I realise I can clean/repair the existing tank, but I would prefer buying a
brand new one or a good used one,  if I can find either one at a reasonable
price.  Any of you has AMC or aftermarket vendor part numbers for the tank?
Is
it something you can get from NAPA? The tank was for a Gremlin, right?

JLC in Colorado Springs