[Bricklin] Pinion Nut Torque

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Bricklin] Pinion Nut Torque
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 00:06:13 -0500
I found an issue after the trip to Lexington when I noticed a puddle of diff
oil on the floor.  The pinion oil seal was leaking.  I removed the nut, pull
the yoke and removed the seal (actually took a few hours).  I have installed
the new seal and found I need to replace the pinion nut also.  I also found
after reading there is not a specific torque spec for the nut and I should
have checked the inch pounds of torque required to move the pinion with the
wheels removed.  So to late for that.  Is there a guideline for the pinion nut
torque on the AMC 20 diff or a method to check the correct torque without
causing issues?

Greg 0036
Bricklin@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html