[Bricklin] Any Interest?

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Bricklin] Any Interest?
From: "Dennis Gautreau" <drgautreau@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 18:55:45 -0400
Hello Bricklin Community,
I did a bad bad bad bad thing. In December of 2006 I purchased #901 from
a person who owned it for 10 years. In that time he put 76 miles on it.

I had full intentions of getting it in top shape and spent the winter
working on it in my garage.

Summer came and I had other things to do and when fall came around, I
put the car outside in my back yard on my patio wrapped in a car cover
and a huge blue plastic tarp. I actually drove the car on top of the
tarp, put the car cover on it and then wrapped the car up like a
Christmas present to keep it away from the elements.

I did nothing with the car in 2008 and in March of 2009 I had an
accident and broke my back in 3 places along with some other smaller
injuries.

Needless to say, I wasn't able to work on the car due to my injuries.
Well, today, my son was over and we unveiled the car and to my surprise
it was soaking wet inside. The ignition is frozen, and upon opening the
hood, the engine has rust all over and the carb linkage is frozen.

I was in the process of doing the interior over and had purchased brand
new black carpet kit with the thermal backing which never made it in the
car, a Terry Tanner black console, and had both seats recovered black.

Amazingly enough even though the car was wrapped up for almost 2 years,
the battery had enough charge in it to release the door latch and the
air tank had enough air in it to open both gull wing doors!

This vehicle needs lots of work in order to loosen things up and the
interior needs to be installed. The body is in good shape and is all
original.

I purchased 4 Eagle GT's tires right down the street from me and they
have about 1 mile on them. The original tires were on the car when I
purchased it and still had nubs on them but they rode like petrified
wood.

The odometer shows just under 8k miles and according to the gent I
purchased the car from, it's original. I put 90 miles on it myself
getting it home.

I have over 8k into this car and would like to get 2k for it as it sits.

If you want pictures, I can send them. The car is located in Milford New
Hampshire and it will need to be towed.

If there is any interest, please shoot me an email.

Thank you, Dennis Gautreau

1975 Bricklin White #901