Under car Heat shield

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Under car Heat shield
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:44:25 -0400
Here's an email I got from Kevin Hand about what he used under his car:

---------

"Here is a direct line to DEI, the company that made the heat
shielding material that I used for my car.  When I put this stuff on
4 years ago, the cost was just above $100 for the 4'x42" sheet.  It
is now listed at $153!  Costly, but it works and allowed me to NOT
have to put on any heat shielding over my exhaust, even though I had
already done the fabrication.  This really is a case of getting what
you pay for.

Four years later and counting, the material is still doing it's job
and no sign of the adhesive failing.  In addition to the material
itself, I also used their tape to seal the panels together.  Also
used were a few strategically placed pop rivets to ensure nothing
started to peel loose at leading or trailing edges.  And lastly,
since I bolted my replacement Corvette seats to the floor, those
bolts that were double-nutted and loc-tited, further ensure that
stuff is not coming off!   ;-)

http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sp&pid=27

The FAQ and locater tabs will provide information on the product and
also allow folks to find nearby distributors (via zip code) if they
want to get it...

Hopes this helps out the group!

Kevin

"