Re: Status: overheating 2224 (part 4 of 4)

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Status: overheating 2224 (part 4 of 4)
From: "Rick at High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 07:46:52 -0400
 To see if one of the gaskets  is on  backwards,
http://forums.corral.net/photopost/data/500/medium/Headgasket_tip.jpg

I would use either the edelbrock performer heads or the "twisted wedge" heads
from trick flow. for either you will need new adjustable rocker arms. You can
use stock style stamped steel ones designed for the stud size that comes with
the heads or aluminum or stainless ones. I would not use any heads with intake
valves bigger than 1.9" unless they are the twisted wedge design as they may
interfere with the pistons. Yes the pistons can be notched for valve clearance
but it is a pain in the rear.