Leaking Gasoline at Carb

To: Bricklin Club <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaking Gasoline at Carb
From: David Dal Bianco <david_dalbianco@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 05:20:16 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Guys,
Started my Bricklin yesterday, and suddenly gasoline started to seep out at
the front of the carb.  It is seeping out where the gas enters the carb.  It
is a 74 Bricklin, with a Motocraft carb which looks like the one it came with
from the factory (according to my parts manual).

The seepage is just past the threaded connection from the fuel filter, and on
the carb there is a type of aluminum plug which faces the front radiator.
This plug will just come out if you pull on it.  Does anyone have any ideas
what the plug is for, or how the seepage could be stopped.  Has this happened
to anyone before?
I need some help here.
Thanks,
Dave 0016
Be smarter
than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the
All-new Yahoo! Mail.  Click on Options in Mail and switch to New Mail today or
register for free at http://mail.yahoo.ca