RE: Airdam screws + how to glue window?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Airdam screws + how to glue window?
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 15:59:46 -0400
At 11:30 AM 7/8/2008 -0700, Breton48 wrote:

>Hi... I found 6 screws that would fit, and attached the back of the air
>dam/scoop under the engine to the chassis. Thanks again to those
>who posted or emailed and helped me.

JLC,

Glad to hear that.

>I removed the driver door's trim and checked why the window was falling off
>the track. Seems I may be lucky: probably because the car spent the last 22
>years inside a So Cal garage, there seems to be very little rust, and the
>regulator works... but the window came unglued, probably because the window
>was stuck to the rubber (the passenger window is) and I tried to open it.
>What is the best glue to use, and the best method to reglue the window to
>the track?

Did you have a chance to read the article I wrote about rehabbinb the doors?

I address the window coming unglued from the rail on the regulator.  Have
your windows had the extra channel added?  If not, I'd start there.  You can
hit up your local glass shop for the glue to glue the windows into the
additional
rail.

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229