Painting a Bricklin

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Painting a Bricklin
From: Keith Kelley <kkelley@spakethus.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:21:42 -0400
My Bricklin has some panels that are faded orange from 18 years sitting
out in a field, one that is bright orange from being replaced with an
original replacement panel, and some that are fiberglass only
replacement panels. I'd like to have my car painted one consistent color.

In "Fighting Rust". John says to use a water based sealer if you have to
paint the acrylic body panels so that the paint will not melt the
acrylic. I also recall reading something about the acrylic cracking
after it has been painted.

What is the proper method for painting a Bricklin? Is there a specific
sealant I should tell the body shop to buy? A specific primer? A
specific paint? Is there a guide to Bricklin painting that I've missed
somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.

Keith