Re: Just curious (part 1)

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Just curious (part 1)
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 19:04:56 -0500
At 03:49 PM 2/1/2008 -0700, you wrote:

>I am curious why all replies to Bricklin mail via autox.team.net are
>not appearing on that venue.  I replied regarding the Gear Vendors
>overdrive question and it didn't appear.

Don,

I'm responding to this via the mailing list, as the info is applicable to
all the use the mailing list.

I think it's operator error.  If you do a reply, look at the addressee
on your email.  It will be to the person that sent the email, NOT to
the list at autox.  If you want to reply to the list, you need to do
a reply all.  Again, if you look at the addressee, you'll see the TO:
is to the original sender, and autox is in the Cc: section.

What I do, is cut the autox address out of the CC and replace the one
in the To:, as the original sender will get the reply from the list.

You can pull up your sent email and check the addressee on the email
that you replied to, to see if I'm correct.

Other than that, if your reply is over a total of 4K characters, it
gets help until someone approves it.  This is to keep down spam and
other things, like getting people to edit their replys and NOT keep
adding to the original post.  So if I send something that is almost
4K, and you don't edit it, when you reply, usually my original email
is appended to your reply.  So now its my 4K plus you 2K ish.  Then
someone else replies and we now have 6K plus what ever they write.
This is a wast of disk storage, bandwidth, and for people with dialup
systems, time.  This is why quite often you'll see a reply from me
with a part 1 and part 2...

> Looks like a waste of time if only select people are allowed to participate.
> Maybe that is why I keep seeing the same few writing in.

There is NO select people allowed to participate.  All that is required is
that you subscribe.  Which everyone that is receiving emails from the list
has done.  Otherwise they would not be receiving the emails.

continued

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229