Brake power boost for Bricklin

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake power boost for Bricklin
From: "Kevin Rodgers" <krodgers@nautel.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 12:27:06 -0500
I have a bit of conflicting information on the power boost unit in a
Bricklin.  I need to replace mine.

According to the Bricklin cross reference, the master cylinder and power
boost (as a single unit) is A1Cardone #50-3524.  I can not find that
assembly available for sale anywhere.

I contacted Cardone and asked for the individual part numbers for the
mater cylinder and power boost that make up 50-3524.  Cardone responded
with 54-73503 for the power boost and 10-3524 for the master cylinder.

I tried to order power boost 54-73503 but found out it is not available
and was told my only option was "return for rebuild".

Then I found out a friend that owns 1627 purchased 54-73526 for his
Bricklin and he said it worked.

So then I contacted Cardone one more time and asked about the
possibility of  54-73526 working and was told that 54-73526 won't work
because the master cylinder mounting is different and that R&R was the
only way to go.

Comments from anyone?  Suggestions??

-Kevin Rodgers