Re: Malcolm

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Malcolm
From: "Seth" <sbunin@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 13:03:29 -0500
Malcolm didn't stand a chance. Basically Chrysler saw an opportunity to
get cheap labor to make their A and B segment (sub-compact and compact
car sizes). Right now the OEMs are having a hard time making money on
these segments, the margins are pretty lousy. Chrysler is going to be
contracting
Chery to make these cars which Chrysler is going to have badged as Dodge or
Chrysler or maybe even bringing back Plymouth (no word on the specifics
there).

Like I said, Malcolm didn't stand a chance. If you were Chery, would you
partner
with a know distribution network, or one on a shoestring budget without any
infrastructure?

Seth