Off toipc

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Off toipc
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 11:00:27 -0500
Hey gang got an interesting question for you.

My son's 95 Taurus station wagon just failed state inspection.  One of the
problems was a left inner tie rod end.  Well that was an interesting thing
to fix as it's not like the one on the Bricklin.

My question is:  Since the inner tie rod end connects directly to the rack,
and the other end has the outter tie rod end and is connected to the steering
kunckle, how can they tell that it's bad?  There was NO in/out motion, the
tire didn't wiggle, and the boot wasn't broken.  When I removed it, I would
have replaced it as it moved very very easily.  In fact the shaft coming out
of the ball joint wouldn't stay in place.  It would always fall down.

But this can't be seen or tested, can it?, when it's on the car.

So again, how did they know it was bad?

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229