Bricklin - power windows

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Bricklin - power windows
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 11:15:24 -0500
There's been a discussion lately about adding power windows to the Bricklin.

I was over at a buddies yesterday, he's got a hot rod, he's built.  One of the
things he's done, is to install power windows.  I got telling him about the
problems with the Bricklin.  He was singing the praises of the system
he used.  It is by Speciality power windows (www.specialtypowerwindows.com/).

On there top of the line system, you get a new regulator that bolts to the
door frame.  The biggest problem with these types of systems is that they
try to lift the window streight up.  So there there is any movement required
both for and aft, and in and out, the systems will bind.

Specality power window's system is very neat.  The window glass goes into
a channel (similar to the modification that has been made to the Bricklin).
Then this channel is allowed to move fore and aft, and in and out on the
lifting rod attached to the regulator.

So for anyone looking at trying to do the power window trick, you might
want to look at / call Speciality power windows.

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229