Re: Hydraulic Help

To: "bricklin@autox.team.net" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hydraulic Help
From: CBL302 <cbl302@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 19:31:19 -0800 (PST)
  Ed,

  Converting to air doors DOES NOT take away from the car(unless you were in a
concourse  competion,and the only difference between your car and a competitor
was the door system)then you lose.But otherwise than that, it is standard
practice to switch to air doors,the only disadvantage is cost for the system
and install labor(unless you do it yourself)
  If you must stick with Hydra doors,get a pump from a late 1980's Mustang
Convertible(easily available cheap on Ebay) as they ARE much improved over the
original Bricklin Hydra pumps,They are a direct bolt in right down to the
threads on the lines and the wiring,and the Mustang pump opens the doors
approx.50% faster than the original bricklin pump.
  Basically what Mal Bricklin used for the Bricklins was the COMPLETE setup
from a Mustang convertible Rams,pumps and lines, and all,as the choice to use
to open and close the Bricklin Doors.
  I had installed a Hydra pump from a Late 1980's Mustang Convertible on my
ex.Vin 1136(after two original bricklin pumps failed on me) and never had a
problem with the pump again,plus I got the benefit of the doors opening much
quicker,compaired to the stock orignal pump.
  Claude
  1024

Ed Wenger <wewenger@zoomlynx.com> wrote:  Thanks for the may answers and
possibilities. Maybe this weekend I can dig
further.

The clicking sounds like both doors latches releasing and hold on as long as
the switch is held. I did flip the lock out switch at which point nothing
happened. All 4 door switches create the same clicking.

As I don't plan to drive the car daily I was hoping to keep the orig door
system as the car has 6000 miles, BUT I see my thinking might be revised.
Does the air system add or detract from value for low mileage cars? I trust
from the comments the air system is much more reliable.

Ed

75 Bricklin - 68 AMX - 11Studebakers