Virginia legislation (H.B. 288) - Update

To: "Bricklin International" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Virginia legislation (H.B. 288) - Update
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:22:29 -0600
Just received this update from Hagerty Insurance.  Looks like Virginia owners
will be OK.

Greg 0036

Virginia legislation (H.B. 288) that threatened to restrict pleasure driving
of antique motor vehicles to a range not more than 50 miles from the owner's
residence has been withdrawn by the bill's sponsor.  The bill also sought to
clarify that antique vehicles may not be used for work-related travel, while
legislators considered including antique cars in the state's mandatory annual
safety inspection program.

Virginia Delegate Danny Marshall said, "Thanks for your e mail. I am not
trying to hurt the person who has a 1968 Dodge Hemi Cuda, but the person who
has a 25+ year old Dodge Dart that the brakes do not work.  We will work to
make this happen. The bill is off the docket for this year."

Congratulations and thank you to everyone who worked to ensure that the voices
of enthusiasts were heard on this issue.  Stay tuned for future updates as
this type of legislation will surely resurface