Re: Carb Spacers

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Spacers
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:08:08 -0500
At 02:17 PM 1/13/2006 -0400, grants@unb.ca wrote:

>Vin 1628 will receive a new carb this spring.   Current plan is the 2bl
>Holley option with my stock manifold....

Steve,

I'm a little out of my element here - modifying for performance - but I
thought - Rick or anyone else, correct me if I'm wrong - that you'd get
better performance and gas milage with a 4 bbl.

As long as you keep your foot out of it on starts, the mains are smaller
that the 2 bbl so better economy.  When you put your foot into it and open
the secondaries, you the better performance, and about the same milage as
the 2 bbl.

And yes, the 4bbl would require a new manifold, but the 4bbl carb and
manifold would cost less that the 2bbl carb and spacer.

Phone:  (757) 495-8229