Re: Door skin

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Door skin
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 18:37:14 -0400
At 01:21 PM 5/24/2005 -0700, George Schiro wrote:

>Has anyone experimented with attaching the door skins with removable
fastners,
>like Dzus panel fastners?  They are commonly used on racing cars to hold
body
>panels in place.  I'm not sure if it would look OK, but have condifered it
as
>an option.

George,

I don't know if they'd work.  We had them on our old Midget race cars.  The
door flange is pretty narrow, and as I remember the Dzus fasteners would be
a pretty large hole and weaken the door flange quite a bit.  More susceptable
to tearing.  The other problem would be the depth.  I think they might
interfer with the door jambs.

Also, I don't know that you'd get them close enough together to pull the door
skin down evenly around the outer edge.

Phone:  (757) 495-8229