Re: 74 360 Engine Vacuum Hoses Missing

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 74 360 Engine Vacuum Hoses Missing
From: <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 6:51:58 -0500
>While replacing the thermostat and installing an electronic
>ignition I noticed some of the vacuum hoses were cut and a
>screw was inserted. When I go through the manual and check
>for the hoses I see several rerouted and others that are
>missing.  The engine appears to be running fine.  How
>important are the hoses to be correct in the correct
>places?  What would I notice as something that is
>not working correctly?

Greg,

Usually a vacuum leak will cause problems with the eng.
not idling.  The eng. will usually run rough and stall.
If you keep the rpms up - save 1500 and above it will
appear to be running ok.

It's possible that the Previous Owner (PO) removed the
smog equipment and that resulted in the left over vac.
lines.  I don't have a 74 diag. handy so I'm not sure
what all it has.

The headlights are one system, the dist. vac. advance,
the EGR, and the valve from the smog pump are all that
I can think of off the top of my head.