RE: Acrylic Restoration

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Acrylic Restoration
From: "Ross & Linda Forfar" <rforfar@mts.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 18:41:53 -0600
 You can safety wet sand by hand using up to 1000 grit sandpaper BUT the
edges are easy to come through (I know) as there's no warning when
you're going to come through.  You may not be able to get out all of the
darker sun scorched areas out but it will look 500% better.  (If you
come through you will have to touch up those areas).  Then use 3M
"Perfect-It" 3 rubbing compound with a wool pad, it'll take out all
scratches made by 1000 grit sandpaper.   My car was faded on most panels
so I did both front fenders & what a difference, I was really impressed.
I have my hood off & plan on doing it over the next couple of months.
Once I finished I put a good UV wax on & then topped it with 3M
finishing glaze.  3M finishing glaze is fantastic & puts on a shine like
no other.    I use the finishing glaze to have a mirror like shine, it's
fantastic.   I don't work for or sell 3M but I could be their poster
child.   Good luck with restoring your acrylic.

Ross

VIN 1228 El natural Acrylic Red

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
image001.jpg]