RE: Semi-Gloss or Gloss??

To: "'John T. Blair'" <jblair1948@cox.net>, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Semi-Gloss or Gloss??
From: "Early, Stephen" <Stephen.Early@mbna.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 08:22:22 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: John T. Blair [mailto:jblair1948@cox.net]
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 06:46
To: Bricklin@autox.team.net

At 05:48 PM 1/31/2005 GMT, Tim wrote:

>I'm looking at coating the engine bay with POR-15 while I have the engine
>out, how glossy is the gloss black POR-15, or should I go with the semi-
>gloss?  I also plan on using on the chassis.  If anyone has a pic of their
>engine bay with gloss I'd love to see it. I've already prepared most of the

>metal, so I'm getting closer.

Tim,

I used the GLOSS black POR-15 on my chassis and eng. bay.  Have you read
the FAQ I wrote about POR-15?  You will have to top coat at least the eng.
bay as the UV will change the color of the POR.

I believe that the black in the eng. bay is supposed to be a satin or
flat black.

John

All,

There is a version of POR 15 that is UV resistant and does not require top
coating.  I use it on bumpers and it holds up real well.

Steve Early