Re: 1975 Engine Mods - NO MORE SMOG

To: rick@hightechcoatings.com
Subject: Re: 1975 Engine Mods - NO MORE SMOG
From: "ford_edge01@juno.com" <ford_edge01@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 03:46:30 GMT
I see you guess mentioning having to swap the tranny in order to run without an
emissions setup, what is that about?  I'm currently rebuilding the 360 in my 74
and I don't plan on running the EGR or other emissions stuff, I can't justify
losing all that power and shoving all that carbon into the intake. I have a
block off plate for the EGR and am fabricating a plate for the heat stove.
Besides plugging the correct vaccum ports, am I missing anything?  I know there
is a vaccum line running to the tranny but I don't think it is involved with
the emissions system.

Tim