RE: Bricklin web site forum

Subject: RE: Bricklin web site forum
From: "Michael V. Mitchell" <bricklin1155@zoominternet.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 05:05:46 -0500
Hi all!

Most of you know by now that I'm the assistant webmaster for the Bricklin
International site as well as the 'man behind the curtain' for the BI Forum.
For those interested, I'll try to update you on the BI Website / Forum
situation.

The Bricklin International Website (and Forum) was on an NT 4.0 machine for
many years. A bit slow, a tiny bit unstable (as far as the forum was
concerned), but not terrible.

In order to accommodate the new parts x-reference database and to prepare us
for the future, our webmaster requested the site be moved to a more current
platform just about a month ago. (Made good sense and shouldn't have caused
a problem with anything we are currently running.) So, the site was
transferred to a Windows 2003 webserver. While some items worked - including
the forum for a while - our webhosting company is apparently unable to
understand, set and keep the proper permissions that are necessary to
accommodate our needs. That also includes getting access to the website
itself. I personally have not been able to gain access to modify the site
since 11/19/04. I know that our webmaster has not been able to access the
site for modification purposes, either.

At this point, our webmaster is and has been working with our web hosting
company to transfer the site to a Windows 2000 platform. Our hope is that
the permissions problem will go away and we will be able to restore full
service to our visitors.

At this point, I have not heard anything from our webmaster for close to a
week and the site is still not functioning properly. I assume that our
webmaster is still working on it and will let us know when everything is
working again.

Michael V. Mitchell