Re: door striker plate holder

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: door striker plate holder
From: "High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:35:57 -0500
The part  you are referring to is actually part of the birdcage, You may be
ale to gat a new one in between the birdcage and the frame, The is only
about 1/2-3/4 of inch there so it is tight, There is usually a strap that
was welded around the plate but it probably rusted away. The plate was just
3/16 steel that had 2 holes drilled and tapped its only about 3/4 inch wide
by about 3 inches long. If you took off the striker and it just disappeared
then it is probably still laying on top of the frame, if not just make a new
one. You may want to weld a small piece of rod to the new one so you can get
it into place. If all else fails you could always drill the spot welds out
of the striker pad that is welded to the cage, fix the strap that holds the
plate in and weld the pad back on. It will probably be less work to snake a
new one in from underneath though.
Rick