Re: battery disconnect switch

To: <GLCurley@aol.com>, <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: battery disconnect switch
From: "Smoky & Connie Panepinto" <spanepinto@netcarrier.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:16:15 -0400
Sort of a cool alternative to the battery disconnect (if you are just looking
for a measure of anti-theft protection, as opposed to solving dead battery
issue) is to run a kill switch from the hot side of the ignition coil.  I did
this on my '63 Lincoln convertible (I park frequently with the top down), and
it is simple and very effective --  the starter will turn over and over, but
it won't ever start -- kinda makes the bad guys crazy!

With the B, there is still power to the doors (I still use the hydraulic
set-up), and no one can see you flip the switch.

Smoky P.

Smoky Panepinto
'75 Bricklin (Suntan)
'63 Lincoln Convertible (Black/Maroon/White)